Thursday, November 30, 2023

Embracing Solo Living

Living alone in a condo unit was not my plan, but a twist of fate. I was single and had always lived with my parents until they both passed away — my Dad in 2016, and my Mom in 2021 during the pandemic. We used to live in a family-owned house, but after my Mom’s death, I was left alone with a maid and a driver. The house was too expensive to maintain, and my brother, who is now the head of the family business and properties, asked me to move out within a year so we could rent it out to cover expenses. I didn’t want to wait that long, so I moved out in a few months. I have a 1 bedroom unit in Alabang that I was renting out to a Japanese expat, but I decided not to renew his lease in 2022.  

And that’s where I’ve been living for a year and a half now.  

I reside in a 40-square-meter condominium unit that is near Alabang Town Center and Molito, two prominent commercial areas in Alabang, Muntinlupa. Transitioning from a large room in a spacious house to a smaller unit was not a significant challenge. I am fine with it, really.   The location of the condominium provides convenience and accessibility. It is located along Alabang-Zapote Road, which is a major thoroughfare that connects to the South Luzon Expressway. It is also close to several malls, restaurants, hospitals, and banks that I can reach by foot.   Konting kembot lang, nandiyan na sa paroroonan.    I like walking, so I appreciate this arrangement.

How do I feel about living alone? Well, it has its advantages and disadvantages, like anything else. On the positive side, I enjoy the freedom and privacy that living alone offers me.     I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, without worrying about anyone else’s needs or preferences.  Let’s just say it was a slutty first few months for me.

Living alone has its drawbacks, such as the potential for loneliness and boredom. I bear full responsibility for everything that occurs on my property. I appreciate the availability of economical food choices near my condominium, as I lack culinary skills.   I used to cook with my airfryer and instant pot but cleaning up after is a chore.   I also manage all the domestic tasks and bills on my own, which does not bother me. However, I need to establish a system to maintain order. As a person with a poor memory, I find using a diary or an organizer very helpful. 

 

I have been single for a long time and I would appreciate the companionship of a partner.    Nakakalungkot din kung minsan lang naman.  However, I am not dissatisfied with my single status. I have friends who care for me and I am content with that. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



#condoliving #alabanglife #sololifestyle #condotips #alabangcondo #livingalone 

#condochallenges #alabangadventures #solobenefits #condorewards



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Hint Of Bribery?

I am currently in the process of constructing a small commercial building. Initially, my intention was simply to transfer a store there so t...