Tuesday, June 25, 2024

A Hint Of Bribery?

I am currently in the process of constructing a small commercial building. Initially, my intention was simply to transfer a store there so that I wouldn't have to pay rent anymore. However, to generate some passive income for building maintenance, I added a few units to be leased out. Hopefully, they will be rented out.

In our family, my Mom was the bold one when it came to business. She was successful, and perhaps doing business was easier and less complicated back then. She also had the courage to build commercial properties and purchase condominium units. This is my first building, and I'm facing challenges. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

We have all the necessary documents, including permits from the Local Government Units and approval from the Homeowner Association. However, according to my contractor, we've been facing harassment from the Homeowner’s Association. Their officer approved The building plans, and that's what my contractor received. The HOA's concern is why it was approved if the other directors didn't sign it. Of course, my contractor and I can't answer that — that would be the HOA’s internal issue.  If their office is uncoordinated and disorganized, that’s on them.  It’s just not fair that we are being hassled because of their fault.   We only know that the permit was given to us by the approving officer of the HOA. I've even paid the construction bond in full and they accepted the payment. The HOA has repeatedly halted construction, citing issues through verbal notices delivered by a security guard, without any written memos. I don't know if this is a sign that the Homeowner’s Association is seeking bribes. I’m experienced in dealing with this situation, and I'm grateful that my contractor has the courage to handle this anomaly.

This whole experience reminds me of my Mom. I wonder if she also encountered similar challenges with people in positions of authority. She owns only one commercial property in a village, while the rest of her properties are in commercial areas.

Despite these challenges, I will continue with this project because it’s the only path forward. My store staff relies on this decision. I’ve already started, and I need to persevere. Perhaps it’s a small matter for others, especially if they have thick skin, but I’m not naturally suited for this. I’m simply hoping and praying that God will grant me the strength to get me through this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Hint Of Bribery?

I am currently in the process of constructing a small commercial building. Initially, my intention was simply to transfer a store there so t...