Thursday, January 25, 2024

The Probability of Seeing Someone at Random

 

Two days ago, my sister-in-law had a surprise birthday lunch that her two daughters-in-law organized. It was held on a private property in Tagaytay. But that's not the point of my story.

On my way there, I stopped at the SLEX Petron Gasoline station for a toilet break. I also needed to buy something at the convenience store. As I entered the store, I was surprised. Guess who I saw there through the glass wall, waiting, sitting inside, and playing on his phone. It was my ex-boyfriend. He didn't notice me as I walked by outside the store. I went inside and hugged him from behind. I hugged him again when he turned around and saw that it was me. I don't know why. Maybe I was just in a good mood at that moment and felt like doing it. It was amusing that out of all the random people I could see there, in the south of Metro Manila, it was someone who lives in Cubao.  

We didn't talk much. I was in a hurry.  I told him I was going to an event down south. I didn't even ask what he was doing there. I assumed he was there for work and was taking a break before driving on.  After buying what I needed, I went back to him, and gave him one last hug and a kiss on the cheek.  

On the road, I called up my best friend and told her about it. I guess I was excited to share it. Again, I was probably in a really good mood at that moment.

#UnexpectedEncounter #SurpriseMeeting  #PetronPitstop  #SouthboundStories  #ExBoyfriendEncounter  #GasStationStories  #UnexpectedConnections

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Hint Of Bribery?

I am currently in the process of constructing a small commercial building. Initially, my intention was simply to transfer a store there so t...